Friday, October 23, 2009

Last day in Haiti



It is a bittersweet day. Our last day in Haiti then tomorrow we head back home. I feel torn. Ready to go back to my family & all the amenities of home and not wanting to leave Vania here. I'm tuly grateful for the time Tiff & I have had to spend with her. I feel like we've grown even closer this trip as mother & daughter.

Vania has been just talking up a storm in Creole. She will repeat ( & pretty well ) anything we say in English. As far as the communication barrier this trip has proved to me once again that love transcends all boundaries. All you need is love right ?Oh.. & a miracle to get through the crazy adoption system here.

The people we work with & fellow adoptive parents never cease to amaze me with their kindness & generosity. They are completely sold out for these kids & getting them home. Having the week to hang out & talk with all the other families is awesome & uplifting in such a long & at times frustrating process.

We also accomplished some needed paperwork while in Haiti. The judge in Parquet is now requiring parents to come to Port Au Prince & sign in front of him so they know we have traveled to Haiti & met our child. It was VERY informal & quick. On the ride back to the hotel through downtown Port Au Prince I am grateful to know Vania is safe for now where she is & off the busy streets hopeful to bring her home soon.

Tomorrow will be difficult day. Please pray for us as we leave Vania & also for safe travel home.
Bambi

No comments: