Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sisters in Haiti


Hello from Haiti ! We are here & well :) We have been having technical difficulties AGAIN this trip with the laptop/internet. Luckily my sister was able to fix the laptop so we could access the internet today. Vania is doing really well :) NO crying this time when I picked her up . She was comfortable from the start happy , smiling and calling me mamma :) I brought a photo book for her of the family & she immediately pointed to Adam & said Papa. How awesome is that ? It melted my heart.

One of the coolest things so far has been using skype to talk to Adam & the kids. This is the first time the kids have been able to see Vania & hear her talk . It also has been great since Adam is not here for him to interact with her. I had peanut butter smears all over the computer screen from her kissing everyone :) So sweet !

I'm so glad Tiffany is here with me ! It is great to see her experience Haiti for the first time. No trip to the Orphanage yet though. But we have many days still ahead of us . Can't wait to share more when we return & lots & lots of pictures ! Bon Wit ( goodnight ) :)

Bambi

3 comments:

David and Candice said...

It is so great to see your sister with Vania and she is so sweet to all the kids!! Maybe she will take a love for Haiti home with her:)-Candice

Unknown said...

Hey Bambi!

Wow what wonderful news for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your life (via blog) with me.
-Mere

MamaCory said...

I love you and miss you and i'm glad you're having fun!