Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Zoe's " I Have A Dream " Speech

In school today the kids were asked to read Dr. Martin Luther King's I have a Dream speech and then write what that means to them. I thought I would share her paragraph with you.

This is what it means to me.............

I believe that all human kind should be treated equally. Everyone deserves a buddy so they can stand up for injustice and fight for everyone's freedom. Everyone deserves a chance in life. I have been in and gone through many hard devastating times with my family,but we never stop giving up hope.We have been through death, sickness, injuries and more. Everybody should stand up for their rights and everybody else's rights. Doing that together,helping eachother through death,and many more things like taking a stand for people who need you. America would be a better place if we all take a stand.If we take a stand it will be a better world.

That is what it means to me. I love our world. Take your stand today.Help your nation.

By Zoe B. Estep

Zoe , you make me proud! Watch out Hillary:)

7 comments:

CathyMcCafferty said...

Wow, she is so wise beyond her years. You should be very proud of her.

ELINDSIAH said...

thank you for sharing her words. That is so wise, if we could all follow the leads of children, the world could potentially heal itself. Zoe is a special girl and I am so proud of her! We love you Zoe and thanks for taking a stand yourself.

MamaCory said...

Zoe girl! I can't believe how smart you are!! Your speech made me want to cry! Great Job!!!!! A+!

lonnieloree said...

zoe dear, grandpa and i are so proud of you. what an insightful lady you are! you are such a blessing to our family and a help in hard times! we love you-grandma lonnie

lonnieloree said...

I believe that the main problem in this world is that not enough people stand up for their beliefs. I am proud of your for standing firm in your beliefs and convictions & I LOVE U--Grandpa

Aunt Erin said...

What a lovely essay. In Houston we have a radio show called "This I Believe" that comes on the radio every day. I can see Zoe reading her essay on the radio and inspiring people to be better and do more for their world. Zoe, you are so talented! Keep writing and don't give up! Love you!

Zoe & Zane said...

hey tht was a great speech it was better than mine. in my class se would of won the prize