Last week I was in line at the drive through pharmacy and the person in front of me abruptly backed up and sped off. Apparently unhappy with however long he had to wait. I will be the first one to admit that I hate to wait! I love my drive thru coffee shop, pay at the pump gas service, drive thru restaurants and drive thru pharmacy. A couple years ago I would probably have backed up and sped off after a 5 minute wait too. But it dawned on me while sitting there...hey I think I've gained some ground in this waiting business. So I started to think of the other things the adoption process has taught me...
- I have learned to appreciate FedEx, UPS & my neighborhood mail lady. I 've even developed a sixth sense of being able to hear the mail truck anywhere in the neighborhood.
- I have learned about all my government offices. County, local , state you name it. I can tell you their weekday, weekend and holiday hours.
- I have learned to use my computer. I couldn't imagine not having it and feel like I should name it!
- I have learned to use e-mail. My husband has taught me that 24 hours is an appropriate length of time to wait for an e-mail response. I tend to get crazy and refresh(which I have also found that button:) a thousand times.
- I have learned to blog! Finally a hobby of some sort.