Friday, January 7, 2011

Recipe for Haitian Spaghetti

Originally I got this recipe from googling it. Here goes.......
Olive oil
Spaghetti noodles
Diced onions
Minced garlic ( fresh /dried )
Cloves
Thyme
Ham
Spaghetti sauce
Boil the spaghetti until al dente. While cooking your spaghetti , in a large frying pan sautee the onions, garlic, thyme and cloves in olive oil. Once they have cooked for a few minutes add diced ham ( we cut up a ham steak ) and brown with the other ingredients. Lastly, drain the spaghetti noodles ( I tossed them with a little olive oil before putting in the pan ) and add them to the pan with the other ingredients. I added 4-6 Tbsp of traditional spaghetti sauce to the mix and cooked for a few more minutes. Wha La !

3 comments:

David and Candice said...

Thank you for sharing Fabrice has been trying to get me to make spaghetti like Haiti! I will have to make some this weekend and surprise them!!-Candice

mlg said...

Thanks that looks easy enough!

lonnieloree said...

I'm going to try it with smoked sausage tonite!